Terms of Service
Date of Last Revision: September 14, 2018
Streamlist, Inc. (“Streamlist,” “we,” “us,” and/or “our”) provides its services to you through its mobile applications (the “App”) and other software made available by Streamlist (“Software”) (collectively, such services, Software and the App, the “Service(s)”), subject to the following Terms of Service (as amended from time to time, these “Terms of Service”). We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify portions of these Terms of Service at any time without further notice, and such changes or modifications shall be effective immediately unless we state otherwise in writing. You should periodically visit this page to review the current Terms of Service so you are aware of any change or modification to which you are bound. We will post the changes or modifications to these Terms of Service on this page and will indicate at the top of this page the date these terms were last revised. We may also (but are not required to) provide you with notice of such changes or modifications by sending you an a notice on the App. Your continued use of the Service after the date any such changes or modifications become effective constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service. If you do not agree to abide by these or any future Terms of Service, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Service.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS. THESE INCLUDE AN AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE WHICH REQUIRES (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) THAT YOU SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST US TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION, AND FURTHER (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU CANNOT USE THE SERVICE.
In addition, you shall be subject to the terms set forth in the following policies, all of which are incorporated by reference into these Terms of Service:
Access and Use of the Service
Services Description: The Service provides a mobile and online social marketplace for goods in which sellers can upload photos of, or provide live-streaming videos of, list and sell their goods, and buyers can browse and purchase such items.
In addition, Streamlist is not responsible for the accuracy, availability or reliability of any information, content, goods, data, opinions, advice or statements made available in connection with third party services. As such, Streamlist is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such third party service. Streamlist enables these features merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such features does not imply an endorsement or recommendation.
Member Account, Password and Security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Streamlist of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. Streamlist will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.
Modifications to Service: Streamlist reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Streamlist shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Mobile Services: When you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain mobile services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all mobile services may work with all carriers or devices. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Service must be in accordance with the usage rules established by your mobile device platform or service provider.
Friend Referral Program: Streamlist may from time to time offer credits to existing users that refer new users to the Service using the invite code provided by Streamlist to such existing users. Streamlist may also make certain credits available to such new users using that invite code. The amount and requirements to earn such credits will be determined, and may change, from time to time in Streamlist’s sole discretion and such program may be terminated by Streamlist at any time, in each case with or without notice to you. Furthermore, Streamlist reserves the right to limit the number and/or amount of credits that may be earned with respect to any existing user with or without notice to you. To be eligible for a credit, the new user must be an individual that has never registered for the Service and must be using a device (not the web) for sign-up and the device being used must not be associated with an existing Streamlist account. You agree that any credit granted: (1) cannot be traded for cash or any other service;
(2) may not be sold or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public (whether posted to a public forum or otherwise), unless expressly permitted by Streamlist; (3) cannot be acquired via public distribution where you are a contributor but not the primary content owner (e.g. coupon websites); (4) may expire prior to your use;
(5) may be voided or deducted by Streamlist at any time for any reason without liability to Streamlist, if Streamlist believes in its sole discretion that such credits resulted from fraud or other misuse of the Referral program or the Service. If your account has been suspended (see “Termination” below), you will not be able to use such credits during the duration of your account suspension.
Conditions of Use
User Conduct: You are solely responsible for all descriptions, pictures or video (including without limitation live video) of items, listings, information, data, text, software, music, sound, graphics, video, messages or other materials (“content”) that you upload, post, publish or display or otherwise transmit (hereinafter, “post”) via the Service, and for all items that you sell or purchase via the Service.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- sell, post or otherwise transmit any item or content that (i) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another‘s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (ii) you do not have a right to sell or transmit; (iii) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person; (iv) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party; (v) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation; (vi) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or (vii) in the sole judgment of Streamlist, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which may expose Streamlist or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services other than those items intended to be sold and purchased through the Service;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities; or
- obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service.
Streamlist reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Streamlist’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, by removing the offending items or content from the Service, suspending or terminating the account of such violators and reporting you to the law enforcement authorities.
Purchase and Sale Transactions
Fees; Transactions: Registering for the Service is free; however, Streamlist charges certain fees for various transactions effected through the Service. Our Fee Policy is available at http://streamlistapp.com/fee-policy-2/ and is incorporated herein by reference. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. In addition to the payment of the applicable purchase price for a purchased item, buyers are responsible for paying all shipping costs to Streamlist (which shipping costs are detailed in the Fee Policy), unless otherwise agreed to by the seller of the goods. For clarity, all shipping costs paid (whether by buyer or seller) will be retained by Streamlist. In no event will Streamlist
bear the cost of shipping. Buyers are responsible for all applicable sales, excise, import, export, VAT and other taxes or duties associated with the purchase and sale of any items through the Service. All such shipping costs and taxes are not included in the listed price for any items made available from sellers through the Service, but will be displayed to buyers before confirmation of any purchase. Sellers are responsible for all income taxes associated with the purchase and sale of any items through the Service.
Credit Card Transactions: To the extent you as a buyer effect any transactions using a credit card, you must have a valid credit card on file, and we will (or a third party credit card processor may) store your credit card information. Streamlist or the credit card processor will verify your credit card information (including expiration date and billing address), but will not charge your credit card unless you conduct an activity through the Service that requires your credit card to be charged. By agreeing to pay for a transaction with your credit card, you authorize us to charge your credit card.
Fee Modifications: We reserve the right to change or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, some or all of the fees for the Service, and such changes are effective when we post information about the fee change through the Service. Additionally, we may change our Fee Policy at any time and in our sole discretion, and any changes to the Fee Policy are effective upon the posting of such changes to the Fee Policy unless we state otherwise in writing.
The Service is only a Venue: The Service acts as an open marketplace for users to interact with other users to buy and sell goods. Streamlist only provides a service.
Streamlist is not involved in verifying or endorsing any transaction between buyers and sellers who use the Service, does not obtain title to any purchased items and does not act as the buyer or seller (or agent for buyers or sellers) with respect to any such transactions. Streamlist is not affiliated with or endorsed by any designer, manufacturer, retailer or brand of the items that users buy or sell on Streamlist’s marketplace.
Streamlist does not endorse any buyers or sellers who use the Service. There are risks that you assume when dealing with other users (including those who may be acting under false pretenses). You agree that all of these risks are borne by you, and not Streamlist. Streamlist does not control the behavior of users of the Service or the information or other content provided by other users that is made available through the Service. As a result, Streamlist does not guarantee or endorse the authenticity, quality, safety, or legality of any items offered or sold, the truth or accuracy of any listings, the legitimacy of any buyer or seller, or the ability of sellers to sell items or of buyers to buy items. We cannot assure that all transactions will be completed. Additionally, Streamlist does not guarantee the ability or intent of users to fulfill their obligations in any transactions. Streamlist reserves the right to delay the completion of any transaction for a reasonable period of time for purposes of fraud detection and otherwise protecting Streamlist and its users from illegal or wrongful activities.
FOR EVERY TRANSACTION THAT IS COMMENCED THROUGH OUR SERVICE, YOU MUST MAKE YOUR OWN INDEPENDENT DETERMINATION REGARDING THE STATEMENTS, PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS OR THE REPRESENTATIONS OF THE OTHER PARTY AND THE PARTY’S ABILITY TO PAY FOR OR DELIVER THE ITEM(S) OFFERED. PLEASE USE CAUTION, COMMON SENSE, AND PRACTICE SAFE TRADING WHEN DEALING WITH OTHER USERS OR OTHERWISE USING THE SITE.
Item Comment System: User authentication on the Internet is difficult. Streamlist may attempt, but is under no obligation, to independently confirm a user’s purported identity. Therefore, we have established an item commenting system to help you evaluate the user with whom you are dealing. We also encourage you to communicate directly with potential buyers or sellers through the features available through the Service.
Listing Restrictions: Streamlist prohibits the listing or sale of any item that is illegal to sell under any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation, including without limitation items listed in our Prohibited Items Policy available at http://streamlistapp.com/prohibited-items-policy/, which is hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms of Service.
Selling: You must have the legal authority to sell the items that you are listing for sale through the Service. You must describe your item (including the original price) and all terms of sale in your listing truthfully, accurately and reasonably completely. If you accept an offer, you shall complete the transaction with the buyer unless the transaction is prohibited by law or these Terms of Service, subject to the return procedure described below. You are also responsible for payment of the commission, if any, to Streamlist as set forth in the Fee Policy. An offer to sell may be retracted at any time prior to its acceptance, but not after.
Buying: If you agree to purchase an item through the Service and confirm the transaction, you are obligated to complete the transaction in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by the seller (e.g., with respect to the listing price), unless the transaction is prohibited by law or these Terms of Service, subject to the return procedure described below.
Shipping: Upon the confirmation of any purchase and sale transaction through the Service and payment of the required amount by the buyer, Streamlist will send to the seller’s email address indicated in the seller’s account information a pre-paid shipping label for seller to ship the purchased item to the buyer. The seller must ship the purchased item to the buyer using the shipping label (and corresponding shipping method) required by Streamlist within 5 days after receipt of such shipping label. If the seller does not ship the purchased item within the required time period, then the seller will be notified that the order will be cancelled unless it is shipped within the time period required in such notice. Upon receipt of confirmation from the buyer that it has satisfactorily received and accepted the purchased item, Streamlist will credit seller’s account in an amount equal to the purchase price received from the buyer, minus any applicable commission and/or shipping costs to be retained by Streamlist, as detailed in the Fee Policy. In addition, Streamlist may retain the amount of the purchase price after payment is made by the buyer until the earlier of (a) completion of a transaction review by the buyer and/or seller, or (b) 3 days after delivery of the goods to the buyer, at which point Streamlist will release such amount to the seller. The buyer must confirm its acceptance within 3 days after receipt of the purchased item; if the buyer does not respond within such time period, the purchased item will be deemed accepted. Any funds credited to seller’s account may be redeemed by the seller through a permitted third party payment provider (e.g., by ACH from Streamlist’s chosen financial institution) or used by seller to purchase items listed by other sellers through the Service. Funds credited to seller’s account do not accrue interest nor are they insured against loss.
Returns: We do not currently allow returns of items, but we do strive to make our customers happy. If the item you receive is damaged, the wrong item or not as described, or if any items are missing, then you must report the issue in the Streamlist Service within 3 days after delivery of the purchased item. Alternatively, you can also email us within 3 days after delivery at [email protected] to let us know.
Intellectual Property Rights
Service Content, Software and Trademarks: You acknowledge and agree that the Service may contain images and descriptions of items for sale and other content (collectively, “Service Content”) that is protected by copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Streamlist, you agree not to modify, copy, frame, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Service Content, in whole or in part, except that the foregoing does not apply to your own User Content (as defined below) that you legally upload to the Service. In connection with your use of the Service you shall not engage in or use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods. Any use of the Service or the Service Content other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited. The technology underlying the Service (including the Software distributed in connection therewith) is the property of Streamlist, our affiliates and our partners. You agree not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Service (including the Software). Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Streamlist.
The Streamlist name and logos are trademarks and service marks of Streamlist (collectively the “Streamlist Trademarks”). Other company, product, and service names and logos used and displayed via the Service may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners who may or may not endorse or be affiliated with or connected to Streamlist. Nothing in these Terms of Service or the Service should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of Streamlist Trademarks or third party trademarks displayed on the Service, without our prior written permission in each instance. All goodwill generated from the use of Streamlist Trademarks will inure to our exclusive benefit.
Third Party Software: Streamlist uses third party software in the App and/or in connection with provision of the Services. That third party software is governed by third party license terms which can be reviewed here. Nothing in these Terms of Service alters, adds to or supersedes such third party license terms.
Apple-enabled Software Applications: Streamlist offers Software applications that are intended to be operated in connection with products made commercially available by Apple Inc. (“Apple”). With respect to Software that is made available for your use in connection with an Apple-branded product (such Software, “Apple-Enabled Software”), in addition to the other terms and conditions set forth in these Terms of Service, the following terms and conditions apply:
- Streamlist and you acknowledge that these Terms of Service are concluded between Streamlist and you only, and not with Apple, and that as between Streamlist and Apple, Streamlist, not Apple, is solely responsible for the Apple-Enabled Software and the content thereof.
- You may not use the Apple-Enabled Software in any manner that is in violation of or inconsistent with the Usage Rules set forth for Apple-Enabled Software in, or otherwise be in conflict with, the App Store Terms of Service.
- Your license to use the Apple-Enabled Software is limited to a non-transferable license to use the Apple-Enabled Software on any Apple-branded products that you own or control, except that the Apple-Enabled Software may be accessed and used by other accounts associated with you via Family Sharing or volume purchasing, as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.
- Apple has no obligation whatsoever to provide any maintenance or support services with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software.
- Apple is not responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law. In the event of any failure of the Apple-Enabled Software to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Apple- Enabled Software to you, if any; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Apple- Enabled Software, or any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty, which will be Streamlist’s sole responsibility, to the extent it cannot be disclaimed under applicable law.
- Streamlist and you acknowledge that Streamlist, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the Apple-Enabled Software or your possession and/or use of that Apple-Enabled Software, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Apple-Enabled Software fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection, privacy or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third party claim that the Apple-Enabled Software or your possession and use of that Apple-Enabled Software infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, as between Streamlist and Apple, Streamlist, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software, they should be directed to Streamlist by e-mail to [email protected].
- You must comply with applicable third party terms of agreement when using the Apple- Enabled Software (e.g., if you have a VoIP application, then you must not be in violation of their wireless data service agreement when using the Apple-Enabled Software).
- Streamlist and you acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these Terms of Service with respect to the Apple-Enabled Software, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms of Service against you with respect to the Apple-Enable Software as a third party beneficiary thereof.
Streamlist Credits: Streamlist Credits are not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents, are non-transferable and may not be applied toward prior purchases. If your account has been suspended (see “Termination” below), you will not be able to use Streamlist Credits during the duration of your account suspension. Other restrictions may apply. We reserve the right to rescind at any time any credits that you may receive a result of referral or other promotional programs, subject to reasonable notice to you.
Electronic Communications: When you use the Service or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or providing notices via the Service. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Any such emails may include marketing and promotional content.
Third Party Material: Under no circumstances will Streamlist be liable in any way for any items or content posted by third parties or at the direction of users, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any items or content posted, sold, purchased or otherwise transmitted via the Service. You acknowledge that Streamlist does not pre- screen items or content, but that Streamlist and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any items or content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Streamlist and its designees shall have the right to remove any item or content that violates these Terms of Service or is deemed by Streamlist, in its sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any items or content, including any reliance on the safety, condition, accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such items or content.
User Content Posted on the Site: You are solely responsible for the content you post or transmit on or through the Service (collectively, “User Content”). You will not post any content that you did not create or that you do not own sufficient right, title and interest in to the extent necessary to enable your use of such User Content in connection with the Service and grant the license set forth in this Section. By posting or otherwise transmitting any User Content you agree to and hereby do grant t to Streamlist and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicenseable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, transmit, perform, distribute, store, modify, make derivative works of and otherwise use in any manner your User Content in connection with the operation of the Service or any other products or services of Streamlist, or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof, in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed (including without limitation publishing your User Content on the Internet or on Third Party Services such as Facebook, sharing it with blogs, etc., and allowing other users to share listings that include your User Content). You agree that Streamlist has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any User Content maintained or transmitted by the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information about the App or the Service (“Submissions”), provided by you to Streamlist are non-confidential and Streamlist shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.You acknowledge and agree that Streamlist may preserve User Content and may also disclose User Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any User Content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Streamlist, its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your User Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; (b) distribution to third party service providers that Streamlist uses to provide the Services; and (c) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Infringement Policy: Streamlist respects the intellectual property of others, and we require our users to do the same. Streamlist will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service, with enough detail that we may find it on the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification. If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: of the alleged infringement.
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court for the District of Massachusetts and if a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Streamlist will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.The above information should be sent to Streamlist’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement by email to the following address: [email protected] (Subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”). You may also contact us by mail at:
Attn: Copyright Agent
32 Piscataqua Road
Dover, NH 03820
Third Party Websites
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to websites and resources on the Internet. Streamlist has no control over such sites and resources and Streamlist is not responsible for and does not endorse such sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Streamlist shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any dealings you have with third parties found while using the Service are between you and the third party, and you agree that Streamlist is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
Indemnity and Release
You agree to release, indemnify and hold Streamlist and its affiliates and their officers, employees, directors and agents (collectively, “Indemnitees”) harmless from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your use of the Service (including any sale or purchase of any items through the Service), any User Content you provide or that is provided through your account, your connection to the Service, your violation of these Terms of Service or your violation of any rights of another, or your violation of applicable law in connection with use of the Service.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND STREAMLIST EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATING TO THE SERVICE, THE APP, THE CONTENT, USER CONTENT, GOODS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AND SALE VIA THE SERVICE, STREAMLIST AND ITS AFFILIATES’ AND THIRD PARTY CONTACTORS’ PERFORMANCE HEREUNDER AND OTHERWISE, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
STREAMLIST MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SELL OR PURCHASE ANY ITEMS THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY GOODS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT STREAMLIST SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF STREAMLIST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING SUCH DAMAGES RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR OTHER BODILY HARM THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE); (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL STREAMLIST’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF COMMISSIONS THAT YOU HAVE PAID TO STREAMLIST AS A SELLER IN THE LAST SIX (6) MONTHS, OR, IF GREATER, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU OR BE ENFORCEABLE WITH RESPECT TO YOU. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE OR WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SERVICE. IF ANY PORTION OF THESE SECTIONS IS HELD TO BE INVALID UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, THE INVALIDITY OF SUCH PORTION SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OF THE REMAINING PORTIONS OF THE APPLICABLE SECTIONS.
Dispute Resolution By Binding Arbitration: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
Agreement to Arbitrate
This Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration section is referred to in these Terms of Service as the “Arbitration Agreement.” You agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and Streamlist, whether arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service (including any alleged breach thereof), the Services, any advertising, any aspect of the relationship or transactions between us, shall, if so elected by Streamlist in its sole discretion, be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except that you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. Further, this Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. You agree that, by entering into these Terms of Service generally and this Arbitration Agreement specifically, you are waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST STREAMLIST ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution
Streamlist is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most customer concerns can be resolved quickly by emailing customer support at [email protected]. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to Streamlist should be sent to 32 Piscataqua Road, Dover, New Hampshire, 03820 (“Notice Address”). The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If Streamlist and you do not resolve the claim within sixty
(60) calendar days after the Notice is received, you or Streamlist may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Streamlist or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Streamlist is entitled.
Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. If there is any inconsistency between any term of the AAA Rules and any term of this Arbitration Agreement, the applicable terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of these Terms of Service as a court would. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including, but not limited to, issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and arbitrability of this Arbitration Agreement. the arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under the Terms of Service and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court.
Unless Streamlist and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in a reasonably convenient location for both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the determination shall be made by AAA. The arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
Costs of Arbitration
Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the “Arbitration Fees”) will be governed by the AAA Rules, unless otherwise provided in this Arbitration Agreement.
All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision, or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
If a court or the arbitrator decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement (other than the subsection (b) titled “Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief” above) is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any of the provisions of subsection
(b) above titled “Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief” are invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of the Terms of Service will continue to apply.
You agree that Streamlist, in its sole discretion, may suspend or terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service and remove and discard any items or content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Streamlist believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Streamlist may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of these Terms of Service may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Streamlist may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service. Further, you agree that Streamlist shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your interactions (including any purchase and sale transactions) with any other user in connection with the Service and Streamlist will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto. Streamlist reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with disputes between you and any other user of the Service.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Streamlist and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Streamlist with respect to the Service. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate or third-party services, third-party content or third-party software. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration, as set forth above, you and Streamlist agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located within Suffolk County, Massachusetts. The failure of Streamlist to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms of Service remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or these Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. The service may also provide notices to you of changes to these Terms of Service or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices generally on the Service.
Notice for California Users
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Service from California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
Questions? Please contact us at [email protected]. to report any violations of these Terms of Service or to pose any questions regarding these Terms of Service or the Service.